Our high frequency trapping field generators create large sinusoidal voltages with unprecedented stability. Paul quadropole ion traps (e.g. Yb+, Ca+, Be+) and radio frequency quadrupoles (RFQ) benefit from both, the outstanding performance and the ease-of-use of our solution. Typical applications comprise general ion trapping experiments, quantum computing, and mass filters. For some models, a fast-turn-off option for swift ion ejection is available (’kill-switch’).
Unlike with common power RF generators, here, the outputs are capable to drive purely capacitive loads, like electrodes of ion traps or quadrupole structures.
The base model HF-DR is internally equipped with a resonator to achieve higher voltage amplitudes at a narrower frequency band. See variant model HF-DRB for a non-resonant broadband version.
- ultra precise amplitude, stable on 1×10-5 level, for outstanding ion coherence in ion clocks, quantum computing, etc.
- USB remote control
- Fast shut-off-option for ion ejection (<< 1 μs)
- f = 1.0 to 6.5 MHz, up to 1800 Vpp differentially (optionally up to 40 MHz)
The variant version HF-DRB features a non-resonant broadband design with fast-turn-on/off capability in order to, for example, capture ions in flight or supply miniaturised mass spectrometers.
- RF drive amplifier for ion traps/quadrupoles
- up to 600 Vpp into 100 pF load
- f = 10 kHz to approx. 1.5 MHz depending on customisation
- non-resonant broadband design